Thursday, June 28, 2012

SALSA!!!

I have had a craving for some salsa ever since a good friend of mine made some homemade. So I decided to find a good recipe on the great site, PINTEREST!! And find one I did. Its a copy cat recipe of Chili's salsa, and who doesn't love that salsa! Pinterest directed me to  Six Sisters Stuff for their recipe! Can't wait to look over the whole site! They have a craft index that looks pretty promising.  


I tweaked the recipe a little bit. I have a strange problem where I can never follow a recipe as is.=)

Please ignore the can of green chile peppers. 
I thought I would use them and never did.

Chili's Salsa (copy cat recipe)
1 large can (28oz) whole tomatoes, Drain but leave a little juice
1 small (4 oz) can diced or whole jalapenos (not pickled)I used half a can of diced.
1 (10oz) can Mild Rotel (Don't Drain)
1/4 c. Onion ( i used a tad bit more)
1 tsp. Garlic salt
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Sugar
1.5 tsp. Lime juice


 Put everything in a blender or food processor and  puree till smooth! Serve with chips!


Taadaaaaa! Done. I bought enough to do a double batch.
And next time I promise to store it in pretty containers =)

Hope yall try and make some! If you do, let me know how it turns out!


No comments:

Post a Comment